I am already preparing for the weekend and it’s going to be FUN! I’ll be at the Fall Harvest Festival sponsored by the Farmers Curb Market and guess what’s on the menu…Caramel Apples and Homemade Marshmallows in hot chocolate! Bring your family out and enjoy all the wonderful produce, handmade arts and crafts, breads & cakes plus…stop by to say Hey! and dip your own apple and have a sweet treat. I’ve already been experimenting!
Bring a storybook treat to life with these caramel apples.Print Pin Rate
- 5-6 refrigerated Granny Smith, Red Delicious or any type of apple that you like
- Popsicle Sticks
- Caramels (10-14oz bag)
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Toppings: Sprinkles, crushed Oreos, nuts, chocolate chips, candy corns, mini M&Ms
- Place apples in fridge until thoroughly chilled.
- For each apple, take the stems off and push a popsicle stick into the top of the apple.
- Put toppings into individual paper plates, ready for rolling.
- Place caramels and milk into a heat proof measuring cup or bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring half way through or until caramels are all melted.
- Let caramel sit for 1 minute, then dip each apple, letting the excess drip off.
- Roll in topping, place parchment or wax paper.
- Place dipped apples in freezer for 10- 15 minutes to set.
- Store in fridge until ready to enjoy!