It’s a special today for us….it’s the big man’s birthday! We will celebrate with a family dinner, some cards, laughter, will relive funny times together and make new memories.
So, Happy Birthday, my Irishman….born on 3/17 at 3:17.
You are smart, funny, a wonderful husband, and a great example of what a dad should be. We love you and are so thankful that you are in our lives.
We did start the “Birthday Celebration” a little early with homemade pound cake…it is the weekend after all!
Chocolate Pound Cake perfect for your next celebration.
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour milk/buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons coffee - from brewed or instant dissolved in water
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together dry ingredients - flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time and blend well.
- Stir coffee and milk together.
- Mix dry ingredients into batter alternating with the milk/coffee making sure to end with flour.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured (use cocoa powder with a little flour) bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes and turn onto cake stand or plate.