Yesterday, I made a big batch of Cinnamon Oatmeal cookies from a recipe I found on a bag of Hershey’s chips. The recipe sounded delicious, looked easy and after getting organized, I was ready to start making cookies. Oh goodness, I was right because after about 9 minutes in the oven, I pulled out a rich, crunchy cookie with just the right amount of texture from the oatmeal. The best part was the cinnamon chips which were slightly melted…yum!
After my first taste test, I decided that those sweet little cookies would be perfect with some ice cream, so, I got out my trusty scoop and went to work. These ice cream sandwiches are the an amazing sweet treat – crunchy on the outside, cool and creamy on the inside. This is one good, small bite…enjoy!
Cinnamon Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Yummy homemade cinnamon chip cookie turn into an ice cream sandwich thanks to store bought ice cream.
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) butter - softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 2/3 cup cinnamon chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in oats, cinnamon chips and raisins (batter will be stiff).
- Drop by heaping teaspoons unto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Makes about 48 cookies.
- When cookies are cool, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on flat side of one cookie. Top with second cookie and gently press till ice cream fills to the edge.
- Store sandwiches in an airtight container in freezer.