Every time I make this cake I get RAVE REVIEWS! The gushing, oohing and ahhing makes me laugh because this recipe is so stinking easy! I know I’ll get some eye rolling from you master bakers out there, but really….with something so good, we just need to get over the fact that this cake is from a box mix.
Have fun making this cake and again, it’s ok that you’re using a cake mix….no one will know unless you tell them. Just sit back and enjoy all the love comin’ your way.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups coconut plus more if you like
- fresh whipped cream (or Cool Whip)
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
- Bake in a 8X13 pan.
- Cool cake for 20 minutes.
- Poke holes through the cake using a fork or skewer.
- In a sauce pan, heat milk, sugar, and ½ cup of coconut until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon over cake and refrigerate at least 4 hours but best overnight.
- Combine ½ cup of coconut with whipped cream and spread over top of cake.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut over the cake.
- Dig In!! Store any leftover cake in the fridge.