Everyone around here has “Senior-itis” that crazy disease that comes on at the end of the school year. You know, when senior students just want to get out of school and DO NOT want to write one more paper or take one more test! Well, even students in lower grades get this ailment. Over the past few days, my guys have to go through end of grade testing and exams so yesterday I provided a little “pick me up” to help get them through the week.
The idea was inspired by something I saw on a cooking show and it turned out to be really yummy. Having a brownie with Cracker Jacks inside and a cold glass of milk can bring a smile to almost anyone’s face…
Brownies with Cracker Jacks
- 1 box of Brownie Mix
- 2 boxes of Cracker Jacks
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix per instructions.
- Add 2 boxes of Cracker Jacks to brownie mixture.
- Bake in a greased 8 x 8 baking pan for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool in pan before cutting into squares.