These days, cranberries are fresh and in every store and market, so it was appropriate to make something for the Holidays. I love chutney with chicken, turkey, pork and my new favorite is with cheese. This easy recipe is tart but with a little hint of heat. You can add or subtract any of the ingredients to make it suit your taste.
I choose to test my chutney recipe with a wonderful local cheese, Chèvre Camembert, from the
Goat Lady Dairy. It was an awesome match!
Chutney is great with chicken, turkey, pork, or even cheese. This easy recipe is tart but with a little hint of heat.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes until the berries have popped and the mixture thickened.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Can be heated or served at room temp.