With most meals, my boys want “a little love” which means some kind of potato or rice dish. I always serve big salads & veggies which can bring some eye rolling – not that I care – but, being the Mama that I am, I do like to bring “the love” so, sometimes I have to get creative. One of my guys is not a fan of mashed potatoes, WHAT? Just wait…I had to honor his taste difference especially since he’d tried them for over 6 months (yes, I worked on it that long!) Anyway, a few days ago I realized I had a couple of pounds of new potatoes, sour cream and fresh herbs on hand. Putting on my thinking cap and knowing that My Man considers SOUR CREAM it’s own food group, I came up up with “Crushed New Potatoes” and would add some homemade Ranch dressing. This dish was easy, took just a little time and was approved by all at the dinner table!
Crushed New Potatoes with Ranch Dressing
- New Potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in cold water until tender. Cool.
- Crush potatoes with a fork and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place under broiler for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Top with homemade Ranch dressing and scallions
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl, blending well.
- Cover and chill in fridge for 30 minutes. Can be kept in fridge for up to 1 week.