Hello friends! I’m back from a nice long break and am ready for 2015. Over the past few weeks I’ve been able to do lots of things that have just been “hanging out” on my wish list. I was able to spend lots of time with my family, reconnect with old friends, purge some unwanted no longer needed items we’ve been storing and did some much needed house fluffing. I also spent time reading, researching recipes, daydreaming and thinking about what I want this year to look like. It’s been wonderful to slow down a little, sometimes just letting the day take it’s own course without a plan or to-do list.One of the things that I really enjoyed was how simple our mornings became. During the Christmas break, the boys would sleep a little late and we’d have a nice breakfast together – most of the time in our jammies. One of the dishes I made on a no stress morning was this egg and sausage breakfast casserole. It comes together in no time and you probably already have all of the ingredients in your fridge. I made it more than once and actually prepped the dish the night before just to make things even easier on myself.So, now you know a little of what I’ve been up to. I hope you are having a great start to this new year. I am excited about sharing more great recipes, food & cooking tips along with some inspiration and of course, a little humor. Most importantly, I hope to get to know you, my sweet readers a little bit better. I love hearing from you. Please keep your comments and emails coming…you have no idea how much you inspire me!
Egg & Sausage Breakfast Bake
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 12 eggs - whisked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crumble sausage in a medium skillet and cook until done. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Lightly coat a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll crescent rolls and pinch together seams to make one large pastry.
- Sprinkle sausage over crescent rolls. Top with shredded cheese.
- Whisk eggs in a medium size bowl. Add milk, garlic power, salt and pepper and mix until blended.
- Pour eggs over sausage and cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until edges are brown and eggs are set.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and serve.