This past weekend our family had a great time being a little lazy, hanging out and just enjoying each other. Our mornings were slow, easy and full of yummy food. With the luxury of doing what I wanted, when I wanted, it was great to be creative and come up with a new breakfast dish. I had leftover Crushed Potatoes ~click link for recipe, from the night before and a dozen fresh eggs. I turned the garlicky, savory potatoes into crunchy home fries, topped them with an egg, sprinkled on a little Parmesan cheese and a few scallions. The best part of the morning was breaking into that delicious golden egg yolk, watching it run over the potatoes and taking that first delicious bite…breakfast is served!
Eggs Over Crispy Potatoes
The best part of this meal is breaking into that delicious golden egg yolk, watching it run over the potatoes and taking that first delicious bite…breakfast is served!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of potatoes - coarsely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a saute pan.
- Coarsely chop leftover Crushed Potatoes.
- Add potatoes to pan and brown on medium high heat.
- Gently arrange potatoes in a circle and make a well in center.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes.
- Crack egg into center, reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook egg until white is translucent and yolk has start to set - you may need to use a lid to cover pan to help egg cook.
- Gently slide potatoes out of pan and sprinkle on scallions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Yes, I know, I’m missing a little something on this photo…scallions. Mr. A Southern Soul is not a fan so his dish was “sans onion,” oh well, more for me!