Fresh strawberries are one of those things in life that makes most everyone happy. It doesn’t matter whether you are young or old, pick ’em yourself from the farm, get them from the farmers market or grocery – fresh strawberries say….SUMMER is on the WAY!
I love the fresh taste, the way the little seeds kinda pop in you mouth and their rich, red color. So, looking at springs first great gift, I made a list of recipes to try that are “all about strawberries.” My first choice…Homemade Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread. We kicked off our day with this yumminess on toasted bagels, some OJ for the boys and steaming coffee for me….oh mercy, was it good! What a great fresh, sweet way to start the day……
Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries - quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans - optional
- Place cream cheese in food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse until smooth.
- Add sugar and blend well.
- Add strawberries and lemon juice.
- Pulse until strawberries are blended into cream cheese.