This simple recipe has become one of my “every other week” must make dishes. Most of the time I make a double batch which means we enjoy the chicken with fresh veggies for dinner and then I use the extra for chicken salad, sandwiches or in pasta. Simple, quick and packed with flavor…so simple and oh, so good! When you’ve got a good recipe that you can depend on, you just find extra ways to use it and this one fits the bill.
Other great recipes that do double duty:
- Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Sweet Heat BBQ Chicken
- Crock Pot Sweet & Savory Ham
- Cranberry Pecan Slaw
- Busy Day Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Grilled Lemon Chicken
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon - sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon - quartered
- fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a large zip top bag along with sliced lemon and thyme. Pour olive oil mixture over chicken. Seal bag and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Place chicken on grill and cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Place lemon wedges on grill. Cook until seared on each side.
- Remove lemons from grill and squeeze over chicken. Serve immediately. Can be stored in airtight container in refrigerator.