If you’ve been hanging out with A Southern Soul for very long, you know how important family dinners are to me. I love having my guys gathered around the table sharing a meal. Those time are always special to me. There’s always lots of laughter and some crazy story about something that happened to one of us. When I get the opportunity to have everyone together, I try to make something special for everyone to enjoy.
About a week ago, I knew everyone was going to be home for the evening. I’d picked up a pork tenderloin at the grocery and with fresh herbs growing right outside my backdoor along with weather that was perfect for grilling, I had the makings of something delicious. I threw together a quick marinade that included oregano, rosemary and thyme along with olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar. After marinating the pork in this savory mixture for about an hour, it was time to get cooking.
Once the tenderloin was grilled, I was in the homestretch. To complete my meal, I served fresh, roasted green beans and creamy cheese grits. We headed outside to the table, filled out plates, said the blessing, then dug into the dishes I made. The smiles, fun and sharing started and it was a wonderful night with the people I love most in the world.
Herb Marinaded Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Even when it's hot out, you can still have a traditional family-style pork tenderloin meal with this easy grilled recipe.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves - smashed
- 2 tablespoons Worsheschire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 - 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 - 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 pork tenderloins - about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place pork tenderloin and herb sprigs in a zip top bag. Pour marinade over meat. Seal bag and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- 30 minutes prior to grilling, remove tenderloin from fridge and place on counter to gently warm up.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Place tenderloin on grill. Cook for 5 minutes on first side until grill marks appear. Turn tenderloins and cook for 5 minutes. Continue turning so that each side of the tenderloins are grilled. Cook tenderloins a total of about 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- Remove from heat, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with juices.
My tips on growing your own fresh herbs
Recipe links to complete your menu.