One of the holiday traditions in our family is my glazed ham. The guys demand ask for it at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter plus some special days in-between. Of course, I’m always happy to comply with their request. This year was no different. On Thanksgiving we enjoyed my delicious ham along with turkey and other dishes.
At the end of meal, there were a few leftovers, which I happen to love. After a few yummy ham sandwiches, I decided we needed a little something different so I got my creative juices flowing and came up with this pizza. It combines some of my favorite ingredients – pork, potatoes and cheese. This new creation did not disappoint! Everyone loved it and it’s now in the Southern Soul recipe book. Leftovers never tasted so good…
Ham Potato & Cheese Pizza
Leftovers as pizza? Yes, please. Even with ham and potatoes it works.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ball of pizza dough - homemade or store bought
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzerella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 medium potatoes - thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 cups chopped ham
- Parmesan cheese
- Minced chives
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and roll out dough to fit pan.
- Lightly drizzle dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme, basil and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle on about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and half of cheddar.
- Pat sliced potatoes dry with a paper towel and layer onto pizza. Lightly sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Evenly crumble ham and remaining cheese on top of potatoes.
- Lower oven temperature to 450 and cook pizza for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Grate on fresh Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with chives.