Sunday, I am teaching a great group of young adults how to plan, prepare and host a Holiday Cocktail Party! This group of “20 Somethings”made up of some really awesome men and women meet once a week in a Life Group. From the friendships that developed, they also started a supper club and last month the girls approached me about a cooking class. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity! We are going to have a great time cooking and planning Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years parties that are tasty, fun and affordable.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing my recipes and parties tips, so stay tuned. If you need a little help with Holiday recipes or family dishes & menus, I’ve got a couple of open dates for private cooking classes, so grab a couple of friends and let’s celebrate!
Here’s a sneak peak of a recipe I’ll be sharing on Sunday. Party food that is easy to prepare with a flavor surprise and is easy on your budget….
Avocado Deviled Eggs
6 hard boiled eggs
1 medium avocado
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced chives – more for garnish
3 tablespoons mayo
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolk and place in a shallow bowl.
- Cut avocado in half and scoop flesh into bowl with eggs.
- With a folk, gently mash eggs and avocado.
- Add lemon juice and mayonnaise and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper and add chives and gently stir.
- Pipe or spoon filling into eggs.
- Garnish with remaining chives.