One-Pot Lasagna Soup is full of all the flavors that you love from classic lasagna but so much easier to make! This simple recipe made with ground beef in a rich tomato broth topped with creamy ricotta and rich Parmesan is a one-pot meal that’s comfort food at it’s best.
Warm, comforting and satisfying. That’s what a big bowl of soup is all about, right? That’s what I think and I can proudly say that THIS soup has all of those bases covered. One-Pot Lasagna Soup is rich, meaty and full of tender noodles. When it’s topped with smooth ricotta cheese, Parmesan and a sprinkle of fresh basil, you’d got the makings of something special!
I made a big pot of this soup a couple of weeks ago. My plan was to have it for supper with Mr. SS and then again a couple of nights later. Well, that plan did not work out. My somewhat picky eater took a bite of this soup and declared that he was in love. In love with Lasagna Soup. I’m not gonna lie, I glowed and soaked up the compliments as I watched him slurp up every tasty spoonful. Even though I’d made enough for a second meal, it didn’t last that long. It was eaten the next day for lunch and as an afternoon snack.
What Goes In Lasagna Soup?
This simple recipe is made in one pot! It has layers of flavor from pantry ingredients that you probably have on hand.
- Ground Beef
- Tomato Paste
- Italian Seasoning
- Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- Vegetable Stock
- Lasagna Noodles
- Ricotta Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil
Tips For Making This Soup
- I use lean ground beef for this recipe. There’s less grease from the meat yet provides yummy flavor. You could also add Italian sausage for even more savory flavor.
- Use good canned tomatoes. I use San Marzano crushed tomatoes and love their rich, full tomato taste.
- If you want to make this soup ahead of time, follow the directions up until adding the noodles. Since the pasta will absorb a fair amount of liquid, it’s best to add the lasagna noodles before serving.
- Serve the soup with a heaping spoonful of ricotta. Stir in the cheese then dig in. You’ll have all the flavor of baked lasagna in every delicious bite!
More One-Pot Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 8 - 9 lasagna noodles - broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- fresh basil - chopped **optional
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in tomato paste and Italian seasoning cooking for 1 minute. Carefully pour in tomatoes and vegetable stock. Stir. Bring the soup up to a boil then reduce to simmer. Add in lasagna noodles and simmer for 15 minutes.***if the soup is too thick, add water.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with a spoonful of ricotta and sprinkle of Parmesan. Sprinkle with fresh basil if desired.
Make sure you save this yummy recipe! Pin it HERE.