Last night we got together with friends for a little social time. Of course, we couldn’t go over empty handed so I put together my new favorite appetizer – Herb Marinated Cheese. This was the 3rd time I’d taken this treat to a “get together” and once again, it got rave reviews! Besides the GREAT flavor, it’s really easy to make because I use an herb blend from the new spice shop at Friendly Center.
I made my way over to Savory Spice Shop in Friendly Center the week they opened. It was lots of fun exploring all the different flavors of herbs and spices! The folks there are friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. That day I purchased a bag of Cantanzaro Herbs and set my imagination on GO. I’ve tried this blend in several dishes, all turned out great but the big hit has been the marinated cheese. I hope you’ll give it a try…..be sure to make extra cause you’ll be munching away while you build your platter!
Herb Marinated Cheese
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Cantanzaro Herbs
- 1 Tablespoon Course Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Garlic
- Put all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Make at least an hour ahead of serving so that flavors can marry.
- Pick one or more types of cheese that you like, slice and place on a platter.
- Gently spoon the herbs in oil over the cheese. Leave at room temp until ready to serve with your favorite cracker.