This week’s Midweek Menu is all about family-favorite recipes! There are four easy-to-make dishes, along with a bonus dessert recipe that’s guaranteed to make everyone at the supper table feel happy and well-fed.
We are coming into the home stretch! The end of the school year is here, and that means the lazy days of summer are right around the corner. Of course, there’s still work and our everyday obligations, but that doesn’t mean we need to stop cooking a yummy family dinner.
Why Cook A Homemade Meal?
- It’s healthier than eating out. I love having full control of the ingredients that I use.
- Cooking at home is more affordable than eating out. And I’m a big fan of using leftovers to create new meals, further reducing my food costs.
- It’s a great way to spend time with family and friends. Sharing a meal together can be a fun experience, making memories that will last a lifetime.
Pro Tips For Making This Meal
I’ve got two tips for making this meal successful and simple.
- I use one of my favorite kitchen tools, the crock pot, for the meatballs. Bourbon Meatballs made in the slow cooker really is a “set it and forget it” recipe. You can use frozen meatballs, make the sauce, set the time and temperature, then in a few hours, you’ve got a main dish that’s rich, flavorful, and delicious.
- I make both of the side dishes in a cast iron skillet. For this menu, I make the Southern Fried Corn first. After cooking, I put the corn in a serving dish, wipe out the pan, and then make the Skillet Green Beans in the same skillet. They only take 10 minutes to make, so the whole meal is warm when it hits the table.
Then grab my Ebook!
1 Week of Family Favorite Menus
7 menus, 29 recipes, 41 pages, tons of tips!
Ideas, recipes, and strategies to make easy meals loaded with flavor. Each of these recipes is affordable and simple to prepare using common ingredients.
Midweek Menu 216 Recipes
Crock Pot Bourbon Meatballs
Crock Pot Bourbon Meatballs are tender, succulent, and loaded with irresistible flavors. These meatballs, prepped in just minutes, are cooked in the Crock-Pot and are perfect to serve as an appetizer, for game day or on lazy weekends.
Southern Fried Corn Recipe
Buttery, Fried Corn is a classic Southern side dish that's a pure delight. It's simple, made in minutes with fresh corn, and is destined to shoot to the top of the list of your favorite recipes after the first time you make it!
Skillet Green Beans
Fresh, crisp Skillet Green Beans made in just 15 minutes is one of life's simple pleasures! Made in just one pan and infused with garlic and lemon with just the right amount of red pepper, these green beans are sure to be at the top of your side dish list in no time.
Creamed Corn Cornbread Muffins
These cornbread muffins are bursting with corn flavor and are great served alongside your favorite chili, soup, or stew. Creamed Corn Cornbread Muffins, made in less than 30 minutes, are amazing right out of the oven slathered with butter, and great to serve at any meal, any time of the year.
Let’s Make Dessert!
This family-favorite recipe is perfect for serving at the end of the meal. As a bonus, it makes a great breakfast treat when you’re heading out the door or terrific as an afternoon snack with coffee.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a cross between a soft, moist, chewy oatmeal cookie and your favorite chocolate chip cookie! This simple recipe combines the classic flavors of oatmeal and chocolate into a convenient bar, perfect for snacking, as a dessert, and great for feeding a crowd.
Want To Know More About Slow Cooking?
If you are new to cooking with a Crock Pot or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using a slow cooker like a pro!
Rate & Comment