Keep the kitchen cool and great food on the menu with this week’s lineup! Midweek Menu 220 is loaded with five easy-to-make recipes and a family favorite dessert, plus a how-to countdown so that dinner gets on the table on time.
This week, I’m bringing some of my favorites south of the border together in 2 of the recipes in Midweek Menu 220. The show’s star is Creamy Salsa Chicken cooked low and slow in the crock pot and served with fresh Pico de Gallo, Instant Pot Pinto Beans and Coconut Lime Rice. I’m ending this flavor-packed meal on a sweet note with homemade Peanut Butter Balls coated in chocolate. YUM!
Timeline For This Meal
On the day of the meal, here’s how to pull everything together:
- The evening before you want to serve the meal, make the Peanut Butter Balls. Store them in an airtight container and place them in the fridge.
- In the morning, place all the ingredients in the crock for the Creamy Salsa Chicken. Depending on when you want to serve dinner, you can cook the recipe on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-5.
- Make the Pico de Gallo and store it in the fridge.
- When you get home, make either (or both) the Instant Pot Coconut Lime Rice or the Instant Pot Pinto Beans.
- Set the table then dinner is served.
Cook the pinto beans a day ahead of time. This recipe is a great make-in-advance dish, and the beans keep well in the fridge and reheat beautifully.
Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe (3-Ingredients)
Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken is a simple 3-ingredient recipe that combines tender chicken, zesty salsa, and cream cheese into a main masterpiece! It's terrific served for tacos, nachos, over rice, and salads.
Fresh Easy Pico De Gallo Recipe
Pico de Gallo is a delicious combination of fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice and made in just 10 minutes! It's perfect for dipping, as a topping, or whenever you want to add a flavorful kick to your favorite foods.
Instant Pot Pinto Beans
Instant Pot Pinto Beans are so easy to make with just 7 ingredients! This no-soak recipe uses dried beans cooked in the pressure cooker. These pinto beans are full of rich flavor, creamy and are great to serve as a main dish with a fresh salad and cornbread. But don't stop there! They're also perfect as a side dish, in tacos, chilies and just the thing when you're feeding a crowd.
Instant Pot Coconut Lime Rice
Make perfect rice every single time in the Instant Pot! Fluffy rice, made with coconut milk, lime zest and juice, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley is an ideal side dish to serve any time of the year.