The transition to fall is inevitable, but there’s no reason why we can’t make the most of these remaining warm evenings by enjoying delicious family meals together. Midweek Menu makes it easy with end-of-summer dinner ideas and helpful tips.
After a busy day at work and school, there’s nothing like heading back to “home base” and sitting down at the supper table. I designed Midweek Menu to take the guesswork out of what to cook. This week’s menu is simple yet delivers big on flavor.
I’m also sharing some of my tried and true tips for making time around the family table happy and special.
Helpful Tips for Smooth Family Dinners
1. Plan Ahead: As schedules get busier with the approaching school year, plan your meals in advance. Make a weekly dinner menu to avoid last-minute scrambles.
2. Get Everyone Involved: Whether it’s setting the table, chopping veggies, or washing dishes, involve every family member in the meal preparation process. It’s a great way to deepen relationships and share responsibilities.
3. Screen-Free Zone: Designate mealtime as a screen-free zone. For years, this has been a hard and fast rule in my house. Put away devices and encourage meaningful conversations that bring the family closer together.
4. Celebrate Memories: Take a moment to reflect on everyone’s adventures as you share your meal. Encourage each family member to share their favorite memories from the day or the week.
5. Embrace Imperfection: Not every meal needs to be a culinary masterpiece. Embrace the joy of simple, homemade meals and the connection they foster.
Let’s Get Cooking…
Easy Air Fryer Sausage And Potatoes
Savory and delicious Air Fryer Sausage And Potatoes is an all-in-one meal that's great for dinner or lunch. It's super fast to make with easy prep and loaded with flavor!
Easy Crock Pot Beer Cheese Recipe
Beer Cheese Dip made in the Crock Pot is creamy, rich, and loaded with ooey-gooey cheese. It's a terrific appetizer for game day, movie night, or when you're entertaining friends. Serve it with pretzels, chips, sausage, and even veggies for a warm, comforting bite that everyone will love.
Easy Everyday Green Salad
My recipe for Everyday Green Salad is fresh, simple, and quick! It's made in about 5 minutes with my homemade vinaigrette and goes with just almost everything. What a delicious way to get more greens into your life.
Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing
In just 5 minutes, you can make Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing, perfect for salad greens, a party platter with veggies, or drizzled over chicken or fish. This restaurant-quality homemade dressing is better than anything you can find in a store and it's made with simple, flavorful pantry ingredients.