Everybody likes popcorn, and some of us LOVE it. It’s a favorite in our house while watching a movie, as an afternoon snack or packed up to take on a road trip.
I have the best time in my kitchen experimenting with new flavor combinations. This one is has become everyone’s “call out” recipe and I think it’s due to my sprinkle of SHAKE. It’s a spice blend that’s made in the Carolina’s and is great on so many dishes, you can check it out here.
For my popcorn, I always most of the time, use popcorn kernels and pop it in my case iron dutch oven. Friends, there’s just nothing like that real deal taste of fresh hot popcorn…then add a little something special just for fun!
Parmesan Salt & Pepper Popcorn
There is no wrong way to make popcorn, but this recipe uses a fun spice blend to add a little extra kick.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of SHAKE Spice Blend - or your favorite seasoning salt
- Canola oil
- Popping Corn
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter along with SHAKE Spice Blend in microwave until melted - approximately 25 to 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large dutch oven or pot, put enough oil to cover bottom of pan. Drop 3 to 4 kernels of corn in pot.
- Heat on medium high.
- After one kernel pops, add enough popcorn to cover bottom of pan in a single layer.
- Cover and shake until completely popped.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle butter mixture over popcorn. Sprinkle on parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Taste and shake on more seasoning if needed.