Breakfast and dinner are usually not a problem for me but it’s those in between times, you know, when you are running from one activity to another that becomes a problem. I have been trying to come up with yummy snacks that I can pack up and he can eat on the go and I finally found one that he LOVES.
These easy to make pizza rolls can be customized with your favorite ingredients, freeze beautifully and reheat in a snap. Friends, if you are struggling with keeping your kids rolling, I hope you’ll give this recipe a try…it will make them happy and bring a little comfort to a worried mama.
- 1 tube of crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled Italian sausage (you can omit meat or substitute whatever you like for sausage)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Roll out crescent dough on a floured surface, pinching together cut lines to about 8 X 15 inches.
- Spread marinara sauce over dough to about 1/2 inches from edge.
- Scatter sausage over sauce, then sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- Gently roll dough lengthwise and pinch seam together at end.
- Cut into 2 inch rolls and place in muffin cup and press down gently.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.