Hey friends! I know for me it seems like I’ve been missing for a while…what do y’all think? I really appreciate you hanging in there with me. Sometimes you just need to get a few things “off your plate” which is what I did, so now, I’m back.
This week our family has been hard “at it” with the regular weekly schedule (those words seem quite funny when you put them together; regular & schedule, whatever) with one extra level of intensity thrown into the mix…dun, dun, dun…High School mid-term exams. This is just one of those times in life that you just have to prepare, study, say your prayers and go for it! My guy felt good this morning heading out the door. Of course, I watched him get in the car and drive off, all the while talking to myself, saying prayers for him and his classmates & breathing deeply. The best thing I could do at that point was to get busy. There’s plenty to do around here, thank goodness, cause I needed to stay distracted. Besides, it’s all done now.
Since we have our “regular schedule” with exams added in, I needed to have FOOD, FOOD, FOOD on hand. On Monday, I headed to the store and stocked up on proteins, fruits and veggies with a few sweet treats in the mix for good measure. So, with AP Physics out of the way, Pretzel Rolls with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce with a side of fruit was in order. One down…more to come.
Pretzels with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1 bag of Sister Schuberts pretzel rolls
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw 1 bag of Sister Schuberts pretzel rolls.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place rolls on a sheet tray and bake in oven for 7-8 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in microwave or on stove top.
- When done, remove rolls from oven and slice in half,
- Drizzle with warm butter and sprinkle with Kosher salt and fresh grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve rolls with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Can be kept in fridge for 1 week.