Happy Friday! WooHoo…it’s been a great week but I sure am glad the weekEND is finally here. I’ve got lots to report on but not a lot of time, sorry friends! Several things are on the schedule for this weekend and Big Sweetie and I are having to divide up, in order to conquer! Lacrosse tournament in South Carolina, projects here at the homestead and some special events on Sunday.
I did have time to work in a special snack to kick off the weekend! I hope you like it…my dudes are in kitchen “going for it” as we speak, or read, or whatever, you know what I mean.
Pumpkin Chocolate Dip
- 1 can (29 oz) pumpkin puree - NOT pumpkin pie in the can
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 oz Dark Chocolate
- dash of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until bubbly.
- Lower the heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring frequently as it thickens.
- Serve with apple slices, or pretzels.