The other night, I needed a little something “cheap and cheerful” as a snack for kids and one that could double as a savory bite for cocktails. I found a recipe in an old cookbook that described the most delicious ingredients for a savory appetizers that used regular Ritz crackers. To be quite honest, I didn’t have time to search for or shop for all those herbs and spices, nor did I want to. I went to my pantry and came up with my own version. I added a little more hot pepper, plus some Parmesan and on a wing and a prayer, mixed it up and popped my creation in the oven.
It’s absolutely wonderful when things turn out delicious…
Spicy Ranch Crackers
Add some flavor to plain crackers with this spicy ranch cracker recipe.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 stick melted butter - melted
- 2 packets Ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 box Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large zip top bag, place crackers, ranch mix, Parmesan and pepper flakes.
- Pour melted butter over crackers and gently shake bag until ingredients are blended.
- Spread crackers on large sheet pans and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool, then store in airtight container.