It’s been a non-stop week for me and the weekend is kicking into high gear! A party with the girls, one son headed to a Youth Retreat, a big Church event and then…my lovely friend Carmen asked me to participate in a cooking event with Sir Charles Sauce! Charles is making a special spaghetti sauce and hosting a taste testing tomorrow at the Farmers Curb Market in downtown Greensboro. With Carmen’s sweet persuasion and a couple of compliments thrown in, how could I say no? She said that Charles wanted me to come up with one of my original recipes using their sauce. Well, ok…but, what should I do – sweet, savory, spicy…how about a combination of all three! Everybody loves appetizers so…Cheese Ball made with cream cheese, blue cheese, chutney and Sir Charles Sauce (spicy BBQ sauce) was the answer.
Blue Cheese Spicy Cheese Ball
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese - softened
- 3-4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup cranberry chutney
- 3 tablespoons Sir Charles Habanero BBQ Sauce - or any other spicy BBQ sauce that you like
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- With a hand mixer or wooden spoon mix cream cheese and BBQ sauce until blended.
- Add blue cheese and chutney and gently mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover and place in fridge until chilled
- Shape mixture into a ball and roll in pecans.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!