It’s strawberry season! The weather is beautiful and it’s time to head outside. This week I picked up some beautiful strawberries from one of my favorite farmers. We’ve been munching on them for snacks but since it’s the weekend, we needed a little something special. With puffed pastry in my freezer, heavy cream in the fridge and all those beautiful strawberries, I had the makings for a delicious dessert. I’ve got a wonderful dinner planned and can’t wait to end the evening with the perfect taste of summer…
Sweet with the taste of summer, strawberry napoleons are always a winning dessert choice.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries - washed , hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 sheet of puffed pastry - thawed
- Place strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl and gently stir. Set aside for up to an hour to allow flavors to marry.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat heavy cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a lightly floured work service, unfold pastry sheet.
- Cut into 3 long strips and then cut strips into 4 squares.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To build Napoleons, spit one pastry square and place on plate. Top with a dollop of cream. Add a layer of strawberries. Top with other side of pastry and repeat with cream and strawberries.
- End with one pastry square, top with cream and whole strawberry.
- Can be topped with a sprinkle of confectioners sugar or drizzle of chocolate.