As an easy, healthy recipe to teach my cooking students a couple of weeks ago, Sunshine Fruit Salad was a no brainer! It’s quick, refreshing and travels well – perfect for lunch or a picnic.
There are a 3 little tricks that make this salad special….
1. Local honey
3. Use 3 types of fruit at a time – “don’t go getting crazy”
So, “shop” your own fridge, farmers market or grocery, find what’s fresh and what you like. After that, sharpen your knife, get out your cutting board and have fun with fruit!
Sunshine Fruit Salad is quick, refreshing and travels well – perfect for lunch or a picnic.
- 2 bananas - sliced
- 2 cups green grapes - if they are large, slice into rounds
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries - sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 1 dash of cinnamon - more if you like
- Place fruit in a large bowl.
In a small bowl mix orange juice, honey and cinnamon together until well blended.
- Pour over fruit.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I usually have bananas, grapes and some other fruit on hand so that's what I put in the salad. I do love to add fresh berries or apples for crunch.