I wish I could take full credit for this quick & easy way to make sweet potato chips, but I can’t, heck! I ran across this recipe from Rachel Cooks and just had to try it. My boys love sweet potatoes any way they are cooked so this just seemed like a wonderful way to make chips, although I was a little skeptical.
Sweet Potato Chips with Apple Butter
- 1 large sweet potato - washed and trimmed of any brown spots
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cut off ends of sweet potato and slice using the thinnest blade on a mandoline.
- Put in a bowl and add oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cut out a piece of parchment paper in a circle to fit the tray in your microwave. Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on tray.
- Microwave on high power for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes or until crispy but not browned. Watch carefully for the first batch or two to determine the proper time since all microwaves are slightly different. If chips are not done, cook in 30 second intervals.
- Sprinkle with additional salt if needed.
- Serve with warm apple butter for dipping.