Last Friday evening was just about picture perfect with cool temperatures and a clear blue sky. With the workweek over, it was time for the family to relax, enjoy each other and breathe in the beautiful fresh air. Mr. A Southern Soul had picked up some steaks so, I lit the torches and candles on the deck then got to work on the rest of our dinner.
For something fresh, I decided on a wedge salad but changed things up a bit. I had fresh peaches on hand and a great head of iceberg lettuce. I always have some sort of blue cheese in the fridge so my salad started coming together quite easily. By using my favorite vinaigrette salad dressing but substituting red wine vinegar instead of champagne vinegar, all of the flavors were starting to coming together. Cool, crisp lettuce sprinkled with creamy, blue cheese along with sweet, juicy peaches and a drizzle of homemade dressing, we had the perfect salad for a wonderful summer night dinner.
Wedge Salad with Peaches & Blue Cheese
Crisp and cool, this salad is perfect for hot summer nights.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup blue cheese
- 2 fresh peaches
- sprinkle kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Salad Dressing
- Cut lettuce into 4 wedges.
- Crumble blue cheese onto lettuce.
- Peel and chop the peaches and sprinkle on wedges.
- Chop chives and sprinkle on salad.
- Sprinkle kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper on salad.
- Drizzle with dressing. Recipe found here ~ Favorite Salad Dressing
Counting my blessings for my loving family, great friends, and the special times we share together.