I apologize for being out of touch this week. I’ve been busy helping some dear friends who lost a loved one and I’ve trying to keep things running with my own family. Last night the weather was perfect for grilling. These veggies turned out great and take only minutes to prepare. It’s nice when something so simple turns out to taste so good.
Grilled Zucchini & Onions
Grilling fresh zucchini and onions brings out their natural delicious flavors. With just a little olive oil, salt and pepper you've got an amazing side dish with in no time.
- 4-5 zucchini
- 4-5 spring onions
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Heat grill to high.
- Slice zucchini and onions lengthwise.
- Drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn grill down to medium high heat.
- Place the veggies on grill and cook on each side - about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove veggies to platter, drizzle with additional olive oil and fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.