Chicken Thighs cooked in the crock pot make a mouthwatering recipe that’s perfect for a busy weeknight or lazy weekends! Juicy chicken coated in a thick rich sauce flavored with garlic, honey, and soy sauce is a slow cooker hit.
Are you ready for one of the easiest and most delicious chicken recipes you’ll ever make in the slow cooker? Well, here it is!
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs is a recipe creation that’s been on repeat in my kitchen for the past several weeks. It’s uncomplicated yet has a combination of flavors that go perfectly together. As the chicken cooks low and slow, the simple 8-ingredient sauce infuses the perfect amount of sweet and savory flavors making this a recipe you will love.
Ingredients For This Recipe:
- Bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- Soy Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Dried Mustard
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
Do You Need To Sear The Chicken First?
For this recipe, it’s really best to get a good sear on the chicken. It helps impart extra flavor. I use a cast iron skillet (get it screaming hot) to brown the chicken. Work in 2 batches so that the chicken does not touch while you’re searing the skin.
Substitutions For This Recipe
- If you can’t find bone-in, skin-on thighs at the store, you can use boneless, skinless thighs. I recommend still searing to impart extra flavor before adding the chicken to the crock pot.
- Change up the flavors if you want. Add-in some extra spice with red pepper flakes or chopped jalapeñpos. Mix in grated fresh ginger and sprinkle on sesame seeds for an Asian flair.
- Replace the ketchup with your favorite BBQ sauce and add in smoked paprika.
How To Store Leftovers
The cooked chicken and any leftover sauce store well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Store in a resealable container then reheat before serving.
These chicken thighs coated with all that yummy rich sauce go really well with any side dish that can soak up all the juicy goodness in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add in a fresh veggie or salad and dinner is served!
What To Serve With Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Herb Rice
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits Casserole
- Instant Pot Parmesan Noodles
- Skillet Green Beans
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love!
- Skillet Chicken Spaghetti
- Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Sliders
Last but not least…
If you make this chicken thigh recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Crock Pot
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley – optional
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet or heavy bottom pan. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and sear, skin side down until golden. Remove the chicken from the pan and place skin side up in the crock pot.
- To a medium-size bowl, add ketchup, soy sauce, honey, garlic, onion powder dried thyme, dried parsley, and dried mustard. Whisk together and pour over the chicken. Place lid on the crock pot and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours until chicken is done and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove chicken and place on a serving dish. Spoon over the sauce from the bottom of the crock pot, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.