This post may contain affiliate links.
Queso Beef Dip is creamy, cheesy, loaded with ground beef, and simple to make in the slow cooker! This velvety smooth dip with swirls of green chilies, salsa, and jalapeños is a crowd-pleasing appetizer at any party, game-day celebration, or when you’re entertaining.
I’m not gonna lie, I never get tired of hot dips. Whether it’s my Spinach Artichoke Dip, or Reuben Dip, I’m ready with a chip in hand to start dipping.
Now, I’ve added another incredible recipe to my hot-dip line-up. Queso Beef Dip is inspired by that delicious, crowd-pleasing dip that we get at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It’s velvety, loaded with ground beef, and has just the right amount of spice.
Whether I’m serving this dip at a game day party, a family gathering, or for movie night, it disappears fast! It’s easy to make, and you can control the amount of heat, too. And let’s not forget, the slow cooker does all the heavy lifting!
Ingredients For Queso Beef Dip
- Ground Beef – cooked with fat drained.
- Velveeta Cheese – for the smooth creamy texture you want in Queso.
- Cream Cheese – softened to help it melt.
- Salsa – use your favorite brand.
- Onion – finely diced.
- Canned Green Chilies – for extra flavor without a lot of heat.
- Jalapeño Pepper – use 1 or add more for extra heat.
- Hot Sauce – use your favorite brand.
What Kind Of Slow Cooker Is Best For This Recipe?
I like to use my casserole slow cooker for this recipe. The reason? Its low profile makes it easy for dipping in chips or veggies. I set up the slow cooker on the buffet and serve directly from it.
If you don’t have this style of a slow cooker, use any medium size crock pot that you have.
How Long Does Queso Beef Dip Cook In The Slow Cooker?
This recipe takes 3 hours on LOW in the slow cooker. The key is to stir the dip at the half cooking time so that all the ingredients get mixed together.
How To Serve Queso Beef Dip
I think the best way to serve Slow Cooker Queso Beef Dip is with crispy tortilla chips. But, let’s not stop there! Here are a few other ways to dig into this luscious warm dip:
- Pour it on top of tacos, nachos or taco salad.
- It’s terrific ladled on french fries or baked potatoes.
- Top hot dogs in toasted buns with a spoonful for the ultimate cheesy, chili dog.
- Serve it with crispy veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli or cauliflower.
More Amazing Dip Recipes You’ll Love !
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Million Dollar Dip
- Sausage Pimento Cheese Dip
- Southwest Ranch Dip
- Garlic Herb Tahini Dip
- Crock Pot Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 32 ounces Velveeta Cheese cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1 diced medium onion
- 1 medium jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1-2 dashes hot sauce
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet. Drain off the fat and place it in a slow cooker.
- Add cubes of Velveeta and cream cheese, along with the jalapeño, salsa, green chilies, and hot sauced. Stir ingredients. Place lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 3-hours, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- When done, stir and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Want To Know More About Slow Cooking?
If you are new to cooking with a Crock Pot or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using a slow cooker like a pro!
Rate & Comment