Hawaiian Meatballs smothered in a sweet tangy sauce with pineapple and fresh ginger are cooked low and slow in the crock pot. These succulent meatballs are a slow cooker masterpiece and are great served as an appetizer or main dish!
My boys have always been obsessed with meatballs. I think that Hunter could probably eat them every day of the week and has been known to scarf down at least 4 helpings at a time.
To keep these guys happy, I’ve come up with a new recipe for meatballs that has them totally smitten. I’ve combined meatballs, chunks of pineapple, fresh ginger, and a sweet, tangy sauce for a flavor combination that’s crazy good!
Ingredients For Crock Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Frozen Or Homemade Meatballs
- Canned Pineapple Chunks
- Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh Ginger
If you are short on time and can’t make homemade meatballs, don’t worry, frozen work great in this recipe. These days, meatballs come in all types of varieties like turkey, chicken, vegetarian, and vegan so check out the frozen section in the grocery store for one that suits your preference.
How To Make This Recipe
This is essentially a set it forget it recipe. Here’s how it comes together:
- Add frozen meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Drain the pineapple chunks and add them in with the meatballs.
- To a medium-size bowl, add the BBQ sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and brown sugar and whisk until blended.
- Using a micro plane, grate fresh ginger and garlic into the sauce. Whisk again and pour the sauce over the meatballs and pineapple. Gently toss everything together, then cover with the lid. Cook the meatballs on high for 2-3 hours and on low for 5-6 hours.
That’s it! Get ready for your house to smell amazing and your mouth start to water.
Do The Meatballs Need To Be Thawed?
Nope. Just put the frozen meatballs in the crock pot and let it work its magic.
How Long To Cook Meatballs In The Crock Pot
Since the meatballs are already fully cooked, the temperature and time setting is more about heating the meatballs and infusing them with flavor.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
The meatballs are fully heated through when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
More Crock Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
- Crock Pot Sweet and Savory Ham
- Crock Pot Corned Beef Reuben Sliders
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- Crock Pot
- 3 pounds frozen meatballs
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives for garnish
- To the bowl of a crock pot, add frozen meatballs and pineapple chunks.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and brown sugar.
- Using a micro-plane, grate ginger, and garlic and whisk into the sauce. Pour the sauce over meatballs then gently toss to coat. Put lid on crock pot. Set to HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for 5-6.
- When done, sprinkle meatballs with chopped chives and serve.
- * 1/4 teaspoon of dried ginger can be substituted for fresh grated.
- * Apple cider vinegar can be substituted for rice wine vinegar.
This post contains affiliate links.