This post may contain affiliate links.
Crispy fried chicken that’s juicy on the inside is made in less than 30 minutes thanks to the air fryer! These Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are perfectly seasoned without heavy breading and extra oil. If you love fried chicken without all the hassle of making it, then grab your air fryer, THIS recipe is for you.
Have you ever made a recipe that you fell head over heels in love with? Then, you served it to your family, and they went bonkers over it too? Well, that’s what happened with this chicken.
Over the past 2 weeks, I’ve made these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs three times, all with the same, incredible results. It’s hands down, the BEST “fried” chicken I’ve ever made. With just the right amount of my house seasoning and my air fryer, I’ve created a recipe that is destined to become a family tradition!
What you’ll need to make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs:
- bone in/skin on chicken thighs
- A Southern Soul House Seasoning
- lemons – optional
What makes this chicken so delicious is that there’s no heavy breading, and it’s not greasy. Since cooking in an air fryer uses very little oil, the actual flavor of the chicken shines through.
With hot air circulating over the thighs, the skin gets crispy and crunchy, while the inside stays tender and juicy. Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are a great low-carb dish to enjoy, especially if you love traditional fried chicken. With the success of this recipe, my Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes, and Air Fryer Parmesan French Fries, I’d say I’m all in with this new way of cooking!
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Make sure to pat the chicken dry before seasoning. This will help the House Seasoning adhere to the skin.
- I like to trim any extra skin off of the thighs before cooking. This makes for a neater chicken thigh.
- Boneless/skinless chicken thighs can be used. You’ll need to lightly spray the chicken with your favorite cooking spray then season.
- Don’t over crowd the air fryer basket. I usually purchase an 8 or 12 pack of chicken thighs and I cook 4 at a time in the air fryer.
- You MUST FLIP THE CHICKEN halfway through the cooking time. Start with the skin side down, cook for 10 minutes, flip the chicken and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Let the chicken rest for 4 to 5 minutes before serving. I like to add a squeeze of lemon for a pop of fresh flavor.
What to serve with Air Fryer Chicken Thighs?
- Instant Pot Garlic & Herb Rice
- Super Simple Caprese Salad
- Cheesy Ranch Potatoes in Foil Packs
- Lemony Asparagus & Pea Pasta Salad
- Pineapple Slaw
- Southern Pineapple Casserole
- Hot Honey
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone in/skin on chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons House Seasoning – recipe below
- Trim extra skin from chicken thighs. Sprinkle both sides with house seasoning.
- Place chicken thighs, skin side down in air fryer basket. Set temperature to 360 degrees. Cook on one side for 10 minutes, flip chicken and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove chicken from air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with additional salt, parsley and a squeeze of lemon is desired.
A Southern Soul House Seasoning Mix
- Mix together 8 tablespoons Kosher salt, 3 tablespoons pepper, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons paprika. Keep in a sealed jar or zip top bag.
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!