Make the BEST Baked Potatoes ever in the Air Fryer! These potatoes are tender and flakey on the inside with an amazing super crispy skin. Keep them simple with butter, salt, and pepper or load them up with your favorite toppings for a side dish that’s outstanding.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes may seem like a bit of a “no-brainer” recipe but let me share something with you. Once you make a baked potato this way, you’ll never, ever go back to cooking them in the oven or in the microwave. Nope, never, ever.
Using the air fryer produces a soft, evenly cooked spud that is like nothing you’ve had before. The outside is crispy, salty and if you are one of those people who’ve left the skin of a baked potato on your plate, well, those days are gone.
Since I’ve had success cooking Sweet Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Baby Potatoes, and Chicken Wings in my air fryer, I had a good feeling that baked potatoes would turn out beautifully. I was right. From now on, this is the only way I’ll be making one of my family’s favorite side dishes.
How To Make Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer
- Wash and scrub the potatoes, then pat them dry with a dishtowel. Using a fork, poke holes in the potatoes.
- Place potatoes on a cutting board or in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and rub to coat the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in the basket of the air fryer and cook on 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. After 30 minutes, test the potatoes with a fork. If the fork pierces the potato all the way through, it’s done. If not, cook for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Carefully remove the potatoes from the air fryer using oven mitts. Slice open the top of the potato and squeeze the ends to release the steam.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper or any of your favorite toppings!
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Select potatoes that are about the same size.
- Russet potatoes are the best for baking. They are starchy and allow all the toppings to be absorbed. YUM!
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. You want the air to circulate evenly over the potatoes.
Air Fryer Baked Potato Topping Ideas
- Butter, salt, and pepper are classic toppings that can’t be beat.
- Cool sour cream and chives.
- Cheddar, pepper jack or smoked gouda turn baked potatoes into a cheesy creation.
- For a south of the border twist, add Avocado Salsa and Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef.
- Turn baked potatoes into a main dish by spooning on Bloody Mary Chili, then top with cheese and sour cream.
- For game day, set up a baked potato bar along with Game Day Meatballs, Meatlovers Stuffed French Bread Pizza, and Meatloaf Muffins.
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 2 – 3 russet potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Wash and dry potatoes then rub with olive oil and salt. Prick outside of potatoes with a fork.
- Place potatoes in the basket of the air fryer. Set temperature to 400 degrees and cook the potatoes for 30 minutes. Pierce with a fork to test. If the fork does not smoothly go through the potato, cook for an additional 5-8 minutes until done.
- Using oven mitts, remove potatoes from the air fryer. Slice open, pinch ends and fluff insides. Add toppings and serve.
Pin This Recipe To Your Favorite Pinterest Board
More Air Fryer Side Dishes!
This post may contain affiliate links.