I love, love, love tomatoes. No kidding, LOVE, but I have a confession to make…I’m a tomato snob. I don’t eat them in the winter because they have no flavor and tend to be mealy. Ok – now that that’s over, here’s part two – I’ve found an answer to my problem! Small heirloom tomatoes. They are sweet and really delicious.
I chose these tomatoes to be the star of a salad I put together this week that included onion, feta and basil. It’s packed with flavor and can be paired with any entree. What’s great is that you can make this salad in the morning & keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to fix dinner. Just set it on the counter to come to room temp and then enjoy!
Heirloom Tomato Salad
This tomato salad is packed with flavor and can be paired with any entree.Print Pin Rate
- 2 packages of small heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion. thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoon basil , chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Slice washed tomatoes in half and place in glass bowl.
- Layer on sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on feta cheese and tomatoes.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil salt and pepper in a small jar or whisk together in a bowl.
- Pour over tomato salad.
- Very gently toss salad.
Have a great weekend y’all…