Make this luscious, creamy coconut pie with a graham cracker crust in no time! It’s loaded with tropical flavor and the best part is, besides the toasted coconut topping, is that you’ve got your own personal pie…right in a jar.
I absolutely love it when summer rolls around. Life slows down a bit and there seems to be a little less stress in the air. Maybe it’s the fact that school is out, and many folks plan vacations this time of year that just makes people seem a little bit happier.
I am one of those people. While I’m not a big fan of the heat, it’s really great to sleep in a little, check off a couple of books from your summer reading list, and spend time outside.
Summer is also a prime entertaining time. Having folks over for a cookout, enjoying an outdoor concert, or just relaxing with a few friends is what’s on my “to-do list” when the days get long.
No summer engagement would be complete without good food. Grilling is always a favorite way to get friends to the table, but let’s not forget that one special treat everyone loves…dessert.
Every year, I try to make a special sweet treat that I know my guys will love, and this year is no different. With the help of Dixie Crystal Sugar and Adam’s Vanilla Extract, I put together something new that was an instant hit – No Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar.
A sweet treat for family or friends doesn’t have to be hard to make. With just a few easy steps, a much loved recipe can be turned into something special!
Crust – bottom layer
- 18 graham crackers – crushed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter – melted
Pudding – middle Layer
- 2 boxes coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place coconut on sheet pan. Cook in oven for 3 minutes. Stir with a fork or thongs. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes until coconut is light, golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons into 8 jars (½ pint size.)
- Prepare pudding per instructions on box. Spoon pudding mixture equally into jars.
- Place heavy cream and powered sugar in a large bowl. Using a stick blender, pulse on and off, whipping cream and sugar together until stiff peaks are formed. Spoon whipped cream on top of pudding layer.
- Sprinkle on toasted coconut. Serve immediately. **To serve later – screw on lid/ring that comes with jars and store in refrigerator.