This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Make this luscious, creamy coconut pie with a graham cracker crust in no time! It’s loaded with tropical flavor and the best part is, besides the toasted coconut topping is that you’ve got your own personal pie…right in a jar.
I absolutely love it when summer rolls around. Life slows down a bit and there seems to be a little less stress in the air. Maybe it’s the fact that school is out and many folks plan vacations this time of year that just makes people seem a little bit happier. I am one of those people. While I’m not a big fan of the heat, it’s really great to sleep in a little, check off a couple of books from your summer reading list and spend time outside.
Summer also is prime entertaining time. Having folks over for a cookout, enjoying an outdoor concert or just relaxing with a few friends is what’s on my “to do list” when the days get long. No summertime engagement would be complete with good food. Grilling is always a favorite way to get friends to the table but let’s not forget that one special treat everyone loves…dessert. Every year, I try to make a special sweet treat that I know my guys will love and this year is no different. With the help of Dixie Crystal Sugar and Adam’s Vanilla Extract, I put together something new that was an instant hit – No Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar.
This dessert has quickly become one of our family’s favorites especially since everyone get’s their own special jar. I make this with a super shortcut by using pudding mix but top everything off with the MOST delicious fresh whipped cream and toasted coconut. This summer I’ve joined up with some other great bloggers to bring you new dessert recipes. Each day of the week you’ll find new sweet treat to make along with a chance to enter our amazing giveaway!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar from A Southern Soul
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Cream Puffs from For the Love of Food
A sweet treat for family or friends doesn’t have to be hard to make. With just a few easy steps, a much loved recipe can be turned into something special!
Crust - bottom layer
- 18 graham crackers - crushed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter - melted
Pudding - middle Layer
- 2 boxes coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
Whipped Cream - top layer
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place coconut on sheet pan. Cook in oven for 3 minutes. Stir with a fork or thongs. Cook for another 2 - 3 minutes until coconut is light, golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons into 8 jars (1/2 pint size.)
- Prepare pudding per instructions on box. Spoon pudding mixture equally into jars.
- Place heavy cream and powered sugar in a large bowl. Using a stick blender, pulse on and off, whipping cream and sugar together until stiff peaks are formed. Spoon whipped cream on top of pudding layer.
- Sprinkle on toasted coconut. Serve immediately. **To serve later - screw on lid/ring that comes with jars and store in refrigerator.
Make sure to SAVE this recipe to your PINTEREST board.
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Yeast, Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Oven Mit and Dish Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.