I love taking a tried and true recipe and giving it a flavor update. That’s what I did this weekend with my chicken salad recipe. Mr. A Southern Soul loves chicken salad and tuna salad so I try to have some of either on hand at least once a month. This time, I decided to use grilled chicken breast along with a few other crunchy ingredients.
After mixing the sweet grapes with the tartness of a granny smith apple in a creamy, light dressing, I knew that serving them in cool crisp lettuce leaves was going make something delicious. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add any of your own favorite ingredients to make it what you want, so use some grilled chicken, oven roasted chicken breasts or use a rotisserie chicken and get your inner chef on!
Grilled Chicken Salad Wraps
Grilled chicken salad with juicy grapes served in crisp lettuce leaves.Print Rate
- 4 grilled chicken breasts - chopped or meat from one rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup red grapes - sliced
- 1/2 granny smith apple - diced
- 2 stalks celery - diced
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 8 - 10 large lettuce leaves - washed and chilled
- Add chicken, grapes, apple and celery to a large bowl.
- With a wire whisk, blend next 6 ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour dressing over chicken and toss gently.
- Add almonds and toss.
- Place lettuce leaves on plate and fill with chicken salad.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and Chinese noodles.