Just for giggles, I made this Candy Corn Snack Mix for Mr. A Southern Soul. It’s got chocolate, peanut butter, crunchy cereal along with salty pretzels and of course, candy…lot’s of things that my man loves. I’ve got a nice little bowl sitting on the counter to say “love you, babe,” a treat bag packed for the game tonight and I’m hiding the rest. Shhh…don’t tell!
Candy Corn Snack Mix
Chocolate, peanut butter, crunchy cereal along with salty pretzels and of course, candy. This mix has everything.
- 9 cups Chex cereal - I used rice and corn
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1//2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 bag of candy corn
- 3 cups pretzels
- Measure out cereal into a large bowl.
- In a microsafe bowl, melt chocolate, peanut butter and butter for 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- Stir vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate over cereal and mix until well coated.
- Measure confectioners sugar into a large zip top bag and add cereal.
- Gently mix.
- Spread cereal on parchment or wax paper placed on counter top - let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a clean bowl or zip top bag, add cereal mix, candy corn and pretzels.
- Mix gently. Store in a sealed container.