This colorful and fresh Black Bean And Corn Salsa is creamy, and crunchy with a subtle spicy kick! Made with 6 simple ingredients and in just 10 minutes, this salsa makes a great appetizer on its own, but don’t stop there. Serve it as a side dish, or pile it on tacos, salads, eggs, or just about anything!
Transforming simple ingredients into something delicious is something I’m passionate about. Whether it’s using produce from the farmer’s market or an inexpensive cut of meat, I’m all about getting the most out of each and every ingredient I use.
With a simple can of black beans, a can of corn, and a few other flavorful ingredients, I’ve turned these simple pantry staples into something amazing!
Why I Love This Black Bean And Corn Salsa
- It’s simple to make in just 10 minutes with 6 ingredients, and there’s no cooking required.
- This salsa is loaded with fresh flavor from parsley, red onions and lime juice.
- A recipe that can be made ahead of time is always a winner for me. This salsa is a perfect make ahead recipe and is better made a bit ahead of time.
- It might just be one of the most versatile recipes ever! I love to scoop it up with tortilla chips. I spoon it over salads, soups, and it’s a must for tacos and nachos.
Ingredients Needed To Make This Recipe
- Black Beans – use good quality canned black beans. Make sure to drain and rinse them.
- Corn – canned is great, but you can use fresh as well. I like to use a combination of both when fresh corn is available.
- Red Onion – chopped. I like to use red onion, but you can substitute sweet or yellow onion.
- Canned Tomatoes and Chilies – I use Rotel Original canned tomatoes and chilies. If you want a spicier salsa, you can use the hot version.
- Lime Juice – fresh is always best to give a bright burst of flavor to the salsa.
Variations To Consider
This is one of those recipes that lends itself to all kinds of changes. The great thing about this simple salsa recipe is that you can make it your own!
- For more heat, add in chopped fresh or pickled jalapeños. You can also add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce for a spicy kick.
- Add in chopped green or red bell peppers.
- Swap out the parsley for cilantro.
- For a bit of creaminess, toss in chopped avocado.
How To Make Black Bean And Corn Salsa
This recipe comes together in just 10 minutes! I know it sounds crazy, but it really is that simple.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and drain the corn. Add both along with the can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies to a medium size bowl.
- Now it’s time for a little chopping. Pull the leaves from the parsley stems, chop and add to the bowl. Peel the red onion and chop it into small pieces, and toss in the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime and pour it over the other ingredients.
- Toss everything together, taste and adjust flavor with salt if needed.
- Cover for 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to marry.
- Uncover and stir, then serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
How Long Will This Salsa Keep?
Black Bean and Corn Salsa will keep stored covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. This recipe is super easy to double, so making a big batch at the first of the week is a great way to meal prep.
Ways To Serve Black Bean And Corn Salsa
This salsa is so good that I’ve been known to eat it with a spoon! Of course, the traditional way to serve Black Bean And Corn Salsa is with tortilla chips. But why stop there?
- As an appetizer with your favorite tortilla chips. I like to serve it with a couple of carrot and celery sticks for scooping up the salsa as well.
- Spooned on top of Rotel Chicken Spaghetti for a pop of fresh flavor.
- This salsa is terrific served with Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef. They are a match made in flavor heaven!
- Make tacos with Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken and top with this salsa.
- For an unexpected punch of flavor, serve a heaping spoonful of Black Bean And Corn Salsa over Three Cheese Quiché. It’s absolutely delicious!
More Dip And Salsa Recipes You’ll Love!
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram.
- 1 – 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 – 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes and chiles ( do not drain)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- To a medium-size mixing bowl, add black beans, corn, tomatoes and chilies, parsley, and onion.
- Drizzle on fresh lime juice. Toss all ingredients together. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the salsa sit for 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to marry.
- Remove the plastic wrap, stir and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.