This post may contain affiliate links.
Slow-Cooked, sweet and savory baked beans with brown sugar and bacon is a side dish recipe that’s pure perfection! For any cookout, barbecue, or summer party, these Easy Crock Pot Baked Beans will be a hit.
If you don’t mind, I think we should just get straight to it regarding this recipe. These homemade, slow-cooked baked beans are:
- Tender and full of amazing flavor from brown sugar and bacon, with just the right amount of seasoning.
- Slow-cooked in the Crock Pot, so your kitchen is cool during the hot summer months.
- Easy to prep since everything is loaded into the Crock Pot, stirred, then cooked.
- Prepared with “hands-free” cooking, allowing me to get on with my day!
- Great for when you are feeding a crowd because the recipe is super easy to double.
- Perfect for any summer holiday party, family cookout, or covered dish supper. But why stop there! They are great for game day or tailgating, too.
What You Need To Make These Baked Beans
- Canned Baked Beans – I use Bush’s Vegetarian Baked Beans
- BBQ Sauce – use your favorite brand. I like Sweet Baby Ray’s Original
- Chopped Onion
- Yellow Mustard
- Brown Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Cooked Bacon
How Long Do Baked Beans Cook In The Crock Pot?
There are 2 temps and cooking times you can use for cooking this recipe.
- LOW – 5-6 hours
- HIGH – 3-4
Can Pork And Beans Be Used Instead Of Canned Baked Beans?
Yep, absolutely. You will need to alter the recipe just a bit, though. Since the pork and beans do not have any added sugar, you’ll need to increase the amount of brown sugar to ½ cup and the honey to 3 tablespoons.
Baked Bean Recipes You’ll Love
How To Customize This Recipe To Your Liking
This recipe is super easy to customize. Here are a few ideas:
- Make it vegetarian by leaving out the bacon.
- Want more heat? Add in cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or maybe even some chipotle seasoning for an extra kick.
- Bump up the veggies with diced red and green peppers.
- Add in turkey bacon, cooked ground sausage, or beef to turn it into a main dish..
Tips For Storing And Reheating
For leftovers, store them in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave until heated through.
Crock Pot Baked Beans is also a great recipe to make ahead and freeze. After making the recipes, let the beans cool, then place them in a freezer-safe container. The baked beans can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator, then warm in the crock pot or on the stovetop.
Great Recipes To Serve With Homemade Crock Pot Baked Beans
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Grilled Sausage And Onions
- Grilled Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- BBQ Grilled Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Sliders
- 2 28 ounce cans baked beans (do not drain)
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 slices bacon – chopped (I used my precooked bacon but you can use uncooked just cut into small pieces)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- To the bowl of a slow cooker, add beans, ketchup, BBQ sauce, sugar, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chopped onion, chopped bacon, and garlic powder. Stir to combine, then place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- When done, stir, and sprinkle on additional cooked chopped bacon if desired. Serve hot.
Want To Know More About Slow Cooking?
If you are new to cooking with a Crock Pot or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using a slow cooker like a pro!