Buttery, sweet caramel corn with a sprinkle of sea salt is a must make treat for all your fall gatherings. I’m so sorry for the late post but I didn’t have a photo so share because this stuff disappeared so quickly that I had to scramble! Currently, I have a new batch of Caramel Corn cooling on the counter with a big sign posted – DO NOT EAT ~ love, Mom.
- 12 cups popped corn
- 1 ½ stick of butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Sea Salt or Kosher salt - about a tablespoon to sprinkle all over the pan.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop corn and place in a roasting pan.
- In a heavy bottom pan, melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add baking soda - mixture will foam up so take off of heat and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour over pop corn, stir and place in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spoon popcorn on parchment/wax paper.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt and let cool for 1 hour. Do NOT break apart.
- Once cooled, break apart, EAT or store in an air tight container.
~Notes *Add pecans, peanuts or any other nuts to the mix the last 15 minutes of baking. *Drizzle with chocolate before breaking for an added touch.
YUM! Looks like a delicious snack!
Thanks! It disappears so fast around here that next time I'm going to make a double batch. Let me know when you try it!
That. looks. so. good!!!
Thank your so much. I've had a good time in the kitchen with this recipe. I hid some pecans in the batch this afternoon….just for me! Hope you try it & like it. Let me know friend!