Flaky, buttery crescent rolls, filled with sweetened cream cheese, baked to perfection then drizzled with a sweet lemony glaze is the stuff dreams are made of! Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish is a simple take on a classic recipe that will have everyone heading to the breakfast table a wee bit earlier than normal!
Get The Recipe For These Great Recipes Your Family Will Love ~
- Three Cheese Quiche
- Ham and Cheese Egg Cups
- Sausage and Cheese Bread
- Hashbrown Casserole
- How To Cook Bacon In The Oven
- Fruit Salad For A Crowd
Flakey store bought crescent rolls filled with lemony cream cheese, baked then drizzled with a sweet glaze is a cheap & cheerful way to start your morning!
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup powered sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Lay out crescent rolls on parchment paper in the shape of a rectangle. Pinch together triangles to make one piece of dough. Roll out dough with a rolling pin to about a 12 X 8 size.
- Spread cream cheese mixture down middle of dough up to 1/2 inch to edge. Starting on long edge, gently roll dough finishing with the last edge underneath pastry.
- Gently move roll to a baking pan and chill in refrigerator for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and using a serrated knife, cut roll into 1" pieces. Place on parchment lined baking sheet in the form of a circle, overlapping each slice.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Whisk powered sugar and milk together. Drizzle over warm danish and serve.
Make sure to PIN this recipe HERE to SAVE!