This post may contain affiliate links.
Ham and Cheese Quiche is an easy to make recipe that’s full of smokey ham, melted cheese, and tons of flavor. While this recipe is great to serve at brunch or breakfast, it’s also hearty enough for a quick weeknight dinner. Ready to serve in just 30 minutes, this family favorite recipe is the perfect way to show someone a little love or say thank you!
This is one of those recipes that I’ve probably made at least a hundred times. Now, that may seem like I’m laying it on a bit thick, but it’s the truth. This is my go-to dish for all kinds of occasions, from family breakfasts and holiday brunches to welcome gifts for neighbors.
Quiches are a terrific dish for so many reasons, but one of the main ones is versatility! You can serve this recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner any time of year. This recipe is also completely customizable, you can choose to add seasonal veggies, a variety of cheeses, and any kind of breakfast meat you have on hand.
Another great thing about this recipe is it’s super straight forward, even if this is you’re first time cooking, you can still pull off this impressive quiche like a pro! Whether you’re making Ham and Cheese Quiche as a thank you gift or for Mother’s Day Brunch, it’s always a crowd pleaser!
Ingredients Needed For Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Prepared 9-inch Deep Dish Pie Crust
- Half and Half – can substitute milk
- Ham – diced
- Gouda Cheese – shredded, can substitute Swiss
- Nutmeg – optional
- Fresh Herbs for Garnish – I like to use basil, oregano, parsley, or thyme
How To Make Ham and Cheese Quiche
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Place your prepared pie crust on a baking sheet and set it aside. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together eggs, half & half, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Add the shredded cheese and diced ham into your egg mixture and gently mix it together. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell, making sure that the ham and cheese are evenly distributed.
Place the quiche into the oven and bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, check the quiche to see if it is done, if egg mixture is still wobbly then cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes, then garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
People Often Ask…
This tends to be the number one question when making these recipes. While Quiches and Frittatas are both egg based dishes, frittatas are not made in a crust they are baked in a skillet or pan. Quiches are baked in a light, flakey crust.
Quiche is essentially a savory pie. It’s made by baking an egg custard into a buttery pie shell. Quiche’s are very versatile, you can add all kinds of different ingredients into them including meats, cheese, vegetables, herbs, and even seafood.
More Recipes You’ll Love…
- Bacon Cheddar Quiche
- Cheesy Hashbrown Potato Casserole
- Fruit Salad For A Crowd
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits Casserole
- Air Fryer Bacon
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- 1 1/2 cups ham – diced
- 2 cups gouda cheese – shredded (can use Swiss)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg – optional
- fresh herbs for garnish
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pie crust on a baking sheet and set aside. In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs, half & half together. Add in ham, cheese, salt and pepper along with the nutmeg. Mix together. Gently pour into pie shell making sure ham and cheese is evenly distributed. Place in oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- Check quiche at 25 minute mark and check for doneness. Cook for an additional 5 minutes if needed. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.