For dipping or for snacking, Homemade Pita Chips can’t be beaten! These perfectly seasoned chips are extra crispy and made in just 10 minutes.
In my house we take snacking seriously. I always have some sort of nibble on the counter while I’m making dinner. We love to enjoy dips and salsas while we watch our favorite show and a cheese and veggie tray is a must for game night.
Even though I could open a bag of store-bought chips to serve alongside some of my favorite appetizers, I’ve started making my own pita chips. They are super easy to make and customizable with whatever seasonings you like. This is a gamechanger at snack time!
To make your own pita chips, you need a few good ingredients:
- Pita Bread
- Good Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
I’ve recently added something new to my spice cabinet. Za’atar is a middle eastern spice blend of dried thyme, oregano, sumac, and sesame seeds. It’s so delicious and very versatile. Honestly, this blend sprinkled on the pita chips is outrageously good!
Tips For Making Homemade Pita Chips
- You can use whatever kind of pita bread that you like. Since most pita bread is thicker, with a “pocket” I like to open up the bread, making 2 rounds.
- Brush each of the rounds with good olive oil then sprinkle with salt and seasoning. Cut each of the rounds into 8 pieces then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cooking the pita at high heat, 375 for about 5 to 8 minutes is the key to making a crunchy chip.
- Make sure to let the pita chips cool before serving. That allows them crisp up and they will be perfect for serving with dips or eating just as they are.
- Homemade Pita Chips can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days but honestly, they won’t last that long.
Serve These Yummy Recipes With Homemade Pita Chips:
- Garlic Roasted Hummus
- Garlic and Herb White Bean Dip
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Avocado Salsa
- Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
Let me know if you make this recipe!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 2-3 loaves pita bread, split into 2 rounds.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush each pita round with olive oil. Sprinkle on salt and garlic powder. Cut into 8 triangles and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip pita chips and bake an additional 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow pita chips to cool completely. Serve or store in an airtight container.
- *** Substitute 1/2 teaspoon of Za'tar for garlic powder if desired.
Amazon Affiliate. This post may contain affiliate links.