Warm Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip is a MUST make for any party! Made with sausage, cream cheese, pimento cheese along with green chilies and tomatoes this over this top dip is ideal for game day, tailing or when you’re entertaining. Fair warning though, you better make a double batch because this stuff disappears quickly!
I’m taking a page from my appetizer playbook and giving a Southern twist to one of my most popular recipes. Spicy Sausage Dip has long been a reader favorite on A Southern Soul and I decided it was high time to give that dish a bit of love. I thought long and hard about how I might add a little “something, something” to that much-beloved recipe and then it came to me. Pimento Cheese. One of the South’s most loved dishes is the perfect choice to add to sausage, cream cheese, and Rotel tomatoes and chilies. Just thinking about it get’s my mouth to watering!
What you’ll need to make Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
- ground pork sausage
- cream cheese
- can of green chilies and tomatoes
- pimento cheese
How to make Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
This recipe is simple to make and only requires four ingredients. Cook and drain a good quality breakfast sausage. Add the sausage back into a large skillet, I used the one I cooked the sausage in, along with room temperature cream cheese, pimento cheese, and the green chilies and tomatoes. DO NOT drain the chilies and tomatoes. Stir all ingredients over low heat until the cream cheese has melted. If you want to make this dip extra spicy, use spicy sausage or the hot version of green chilies and tomatoes.
I like to serve this in a cast-iron skillet or ovenproof casserole dish. If you are doubling the recipe, after cooking the sausage, you can add all the ingredients to a slow cooker to keep warm throughout your party. You can make this dip ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. About 30 minutes before serving, heat it on the stovetop and serve!
What do I serve with this dip?
I like to serve tortilla chips and cool celery sticks. You can also you toasted bread, pita chips, and crackers.
Want more easy to make appetizers? Check these out:
- Cheesy Sausage Balls
- Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Garlic & Herb White Bean Dip
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
- 1 pound ground pork sausage - cooked and drained
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 10 oz can green chilies and tomatoes (Rotel)
- 1 12 oz container pimento cheese (about 1 ½ cups if homemade)
- To a large skillet, add cooked sausage, cream cheese, pimento cheese and can of green chilies and tomatoes. DO NOT drain chilies and tomatoes. Cook on medium low heat, stirring often until cream cheese is melted. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and fresh celery.
Want to save this recipe for later? Make sure to PIN it HERE!