Warm Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip is a MUST-make for any party! Made with sausage, cream cheese, and pimento cheese along with green chilies and tomatoes, this over-this-top dip is ideal for game day, tailing or when you’re entertaining. Fair warning though, you better make a double batch because this stuff disappears quickly!
I’m taking a page from my appetizer playbook and giving a Southern twist to one of my most popular recipes. Spicy Sausage Dip has long been a reader favorite on A Southern Soul, and I decided it was high time to give that dish a bit of love. I thought long and hard about how I might add a little “something, something” to that much-beloved recipe and then it came to me.
Pimento Cheese. One of the South’s most loved dishes is the perfect choice to add to sausage, cream cheese, and Rotel tomatoes and chilies. Just thinking about it get’s my mouth to watering!
What’s For Dinner?
5 Easy Delicious Meal Plans + Secrets To Getting Dinner On The Table!
Similar recipe: Sausage Jalapeño Popper Dip
What you’ll need to make Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
- ground pork sausage
- cream cheese
- can of green chilies and tomatoes
- pimento cheese
How to make Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
This recipe is simple to make and only requires four ingredients.
- Cook and drain a good quality breakfast sausage.
- Add the sausage back into a large skillet, I used the one I cooked the sausage in, along with room-temperature cream cheese, pimento cheese, green chilies, and tomatoes. DO NOT drain the chilies and tomatoes.
- Stir all ingredients over low heat until the cream cheese has melted. If you want to make this dip extra spicy, use spicy sausage or the hot version of green chilies and tomatoes.
I like to serve this in a cast-iron skillet or ovenproof casserole dish. If you are doubling the recipe, after cooking the sausage, you can add all the ingredients to a slow cooker to keep warm throughout your party. You can make this dip ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. About 30 minutes before serving, heat it on the stovetop and serve!
What do I serve with this dip?
I like to serve tortilla chips and cool celery sticks. You can also you toasted bread, pita chips, and crackers.
Want more easy-to-make appetizers? Check these out:
- Cheesy Sausage Balls
- Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Garlic & Herb White Bean Dip
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
Follow A Southern Soul on Pinterest and Instagram!
- 1 pound ground pork sausage – cooked and drained
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese – room temperature
- 1 10 oz can green chilies and tomatoes (Rotel)
- 1 12 oz container pimento cheese (about 1 ½ cups if homemade)
- To a large skillet, add cooked sausage, cream cheese, pimento cheese and can of green chilies and tomatoes. DO NOT drain chilies and tomatoes. Cook on medium low heat, stirring often until cream cheese is melted. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and fresh celery.
This is so good ! Been making for a couple years now . All our friends request it at gatherings !
I love this! Thanks, Rebekah for the comment and the terrific rating.
Always great recipes Donya,,,almost like my hot crab dip,,,but I find the Rotel a little spicy for some people,,but that leaves more for me,,,
Absolutely wonderful Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip!!!!!!!
Reminds me of my Daddy – and Christmas Eve.
Haven’t thought about that in a long time – thank you for the reminder.
What’s not to like!! I really like the pimento cheese from Trade and Tryon, made in Charlotte
Do you have a favorite store bought pimento cheese? Thanks.
When I buy it, I like Palmetto. It’s from SC. These days there quite a few food entrepreneurs making their own pimento cheese and they tend to be great! Let me know how you like the recipe!
Have a great weekend!
This is one of my favorites ever, had it years ago and finally found yours that works. Do you have the recipe Donya for the pimento cheese from SC like the one you mentioned