This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy eggs, flavored with bacon and cheese cooked perfectly in your Instant Pot are a great way to start the day. If you love Starbucks sous vide eggs then this recipe is for you!
It may have taken a while but I finally jumped on the Instant Pot train. I was not quite sure how I felt about this wonder machine that claims to do practically everything, so I just took my time observing and watching what my friends were making. Finally, I was convinced and ordered one along with a few, extra accessories. I experimented with a couple of recipes and they turned out great but the real test came when I tried cooking these egg bites. Well, I am stating right here and now, I am in love with the Instant Pot!
Since we are huge lovers of breakfast , I knew I had to figure out how to make the copycat egg bites from Starbucks. I did a little research and figured out how to get just the right texture for the egg mixture. That comes from using a blender to thoroughly mix the eggs, half & half and cottage cheese. After that, all I added was the bacon and cheese. With the ingredients set, it was time to fire up my pot. I’d purchased a silicone insert, so I was in business. I followed the simple directions in the Instant Pot manual and in no time I had the most amazing, homemade egg bites ever.
For a make ahead breakfast that you can easily grab when you’re headed out the door, this one is outstanding. Not only are these egg bites easy to make, they are high in protein and low carb. One of the true benefits in my book is that I know what’s going into my recipe. I love using farm fresh eggs and other good quality ingredients so that I’m assured of a great outcome every single time. With the success of this recipe, I can’t wait make my own version of these egg bites with maybe some spinach, shallots or broccoli. The possibilities are almost endless!
- 4 slices bacon – cooked
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup half and half ( can use milk if preferred)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese – grated
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces and place on the bottom of silicone egg bite mold. Set aside.
- In a blender (or with immersion blender) mix eggs, cottage cheese, half and half, salt and pepper for approximately 30 seconds. Gently pour egg mixture into each egg bite cup until about ¾ full. Top with cheese.
- Add one cup of water to Instant Pot. Cover egg bite silicone mold with foil and place on cooking trivet. Gently place the trivet into Instant Pot, place lid on and seal. Set to STEAM for 6 minutes. After cycle has finished, let steam naturally release for 10 minutes the “quick release” any remaining steam.
- Pop eggs out of mold and serve immediately. Can be store in mold, covered with lid and reheated when ready to enjoy.
TIPs AND COOKS NOTES
- **This recipe amount makes 14 egg bites. You can use 2 silicone eggs molds at a time if you have them or just make two batches following the same cooking instructions each time.
- **Replace bacon and cheese for other ingredients of your choosing.
- **I did not use any oil or fat in my silicone mold and the eggs did not stick. Some recipes call for spraying each cup but I did not find that necessary.
Want To Know More About Using The Instant Pot?
If you are new to cooking with an Instant Pot or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Instant Pot like a pro!