This post may contain affiliate links.
What you’ll need to make Crock Pot Lemon Chicken:
- garlic bulbs
- chicken stock
- dried thyme
Other great chicken recipes to enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Sweet Heat BBQ Chicken
- Herb Butter Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Skillet Chicken Spaghetti
- Easy Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
- 1 whole chicken – cut up
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lemons cut into thick slices
- 3 garlic bulbs – tops cut off to expose cloves
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and brown in hot pan working in batches.
- Place all but 3 to 4 lemon slices on bottom of crockpot along with garlic bulbs.
- Layer chicken on top of lemon and garlic. Gently pour over stock. Place remaining lemon slices on top of chicken and sprinkle on thyme.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours.
- When done, remove chicken from pot and strain broth.
- Serve chicken and gravy over rice, noodles or creamy grits.
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in a pan.
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons of flour and cook until golden brown.
- Slowly pour in flavored broth and continue to whisk until smooth. Cook on medium heat until gravy is thickened, stirring constantly.
Want To Know More About Slow Cooking?
If you are new to cooking with a Crock Pot or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using a slow cooker like a pro!