All the flavors of your favorite campfire S’mores turned into brownies, right in your own kitchen! S’mores Brownies are super easy to make with a box brownie mix and then amped up with toasted marshmallows, crispy graham crackers, and chocolate. This rich, gooey, summertime treat can now be enjoyed any time of the year!
There are some foods in life that bring back incredibly good memories. I think S’mores is at the top of that list. About everyone I know has some precious memory of times around a crackling fire toasting marshmallows for S’mores.
Growing up, I spent summers either on at camp or at church retreats. After fun days filled with all kinds of activities, we most often ended the evening around a campfire. And we always made S’mores.
I love thinking about those wonderful times and to keep those great memories alive, I’ve come up with a recipe to turn S’mores into brownies and the best thing is this…they can be made any time of the year with no campfire needed!
What Do You Need To Make S’mores Brownies?
- Box brownie mix. Choose whichever one you like. I use Ghiraradelli brownie mix.
- Most mixes need water, vegetable oil and eggs
- Good quality graham crackers.
- Chocolate squares. I like to use either milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
How Do You Make This Recipe?
There are very few steps required to make S’mores Brownies. Here’s how along with some helpful tips:
- make the brownies according to the package instructions.
- while the brownies are baking, place the graham crackers in a ziptop bag and using a rolling pin or heavy object, crush the graham crackers. Don’t pulverize them, just break them into small pieces.
- when the brownies are done, take them out of the oven and reset the heat to broil.
- sprinkle the marshmallows over the brownies then top with the graham crackers.
- place the pan in the oven and broil until the marshmallows and graham crackers are toasted. Make sure to watch the pan closely because broiling goes fast!
- remove the brownies from the oven and press the chocolate pieces into the marshmallows.
- allow the S’mores Brownies to cool then using a sharp or serrated knife, cut into squares and enjoy!
What Size Pan Do I Use To Make S’mores Brownies?
I use a 9×13 inch pan for this recipe. It doesn’t matter whether it’s metal or glass. To make removing the brownies from the pan easily, line it with parchment paper.
How Long Does It Take Brownies To Cool?
As tempting as it might be, don’t dive right in after the S’mores Brownies are removed from the oven. They need to cool. I’ve found that allowing them to set and cool for 30 minutes is perfect.
How To Keep S’mores Brownies Fresher Longer
Not that you’ll have any of these brownies leftover, but just in case you do, the best way to store them is wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in the fridge. When ready to serve, take them out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature.
More Sweet Treats You’ll Love!
Last but not least…
If you make this S’mores Brownies recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
- 2 boxes of brownie mix – I used Ghirardelli Brownie Mix
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 package of graham crackers
- 2 1.55 ounce chocolate bars broken into pieces
- Make brownies according to directions on box.
- While brownies are baking, put graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush.
- Take brownies out of oven once baked and turn broiler to high.
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top of brownies.
- Top marshmallow with crushed graham crackers.
- Place pan in oven for 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully.
- Once browned, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Gently push chocolate pieces into the melted marshmallows. Allow to cool for 30 minutes then cut into squares.
Post originally published in October 2019.