Creamy, dreamy, light, and fluffy is what Chocolate Dip is all about! This decadent treat whipped up in less than 15 minutes is great served with fresh fruit, cookies, or your favorite salty snack.
We’ve officially entered into the “ber” months of the year and I’m thrilled! I love fall, the change of seasons, and the holidays. While that may seem a little over the top to some, I’m totally doing a happy dance.
I’ve channeled most of my excitement into coming up with lots of new seasonal recipes for my family and for A Southern Soul. It’s truly a labor of love to share a new recipe, especially like this one.
Chocolate Dip is a splurge-worthy dessert that you are going to LOVE. It’s silky, chocolaty and totally irresistible.
Ingredients For Chocolate Dip
- Chocolate Chips
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream
I’m serious when I say this recipe is made in less than 15 minutes. All you need to make the chocolate dip is 5 simple ingredients, a stand or hand mixer, a couple of bowls, and some measuring spoons.
To get things going, whip with a hand mixer or whisk the heavy cream, melt the chocolate chips and blend the sugar and cream cheese together. Be careful not to blink because next, you’ll mix everything together with a splash of vanilla and you’re done!
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead Of Time?
You bet! I’ve made it a day ahead of when I’ve wanted to serve it and it turned out great. Just give it a hearty stir to fluff all the ingredients that might have settled and you’ll be good to go.
Chocolate Dip really is the perfect dessert to serve at any occasion. Here are a few ideas for serving this yummy sweet treat:
- as an afternoon snack for kids.
- holiday parties and birthday celebrations.
- when you’re feeding a crowd.
- movie or game night with the family.
- a special dinner with your sweetie.
What To Serve With Chocolate Dip
There are so many delicious things, sweet and savory to serve with this chocolaty dip. Some of my favorites are:
- Banana Chunks
- Sliced Pineapple
- Ginger Snaps
- Vanilla Wafers
- Potato Chips
More Dips You’ll Love
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Slow Cooker Reuben Dip
- Million Dollar Dip
- Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces (1 block) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- To a microwave-safe bowl add chocolate chips. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and continue to melt chips in 15-second intervals until melted. Stir and set aside.
- Pour heavy cream into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer whip the cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Using a hand mixer, whip until blended. Add vanilla and melted chocolate chips and mix together. Fold in whipped cream until well blended. Cover and store in the refrigerator to chill.